To celebrate the Coronation bank holiday weekend, Stapleford residents came together to picnic and enjoy music at the Rec (it didn’t rain!!), and to give the village a spring clean as part of The Big Help Out.
Lyn Pepperell writes: “What a wonderful weekend we had! The village celebrated on Sunday with a picnic on the recreation ground. Many families, groups of friends and neighbours enjoyed a sunny and warm afternoon enjoying their picnics and listening to a fine jazz group called Hugh Boyd and The Happy Coincidence. They are all local musicians. You may have heard them playing in The Three Horseshoes! How British it all was with flags flying, hats on show – even a Royal or two there! Well done Stapleford!”
Particular thanks for assistance with the village spring clean go to:
– the 5 people who tidied up the bus shelter
– the person who weeded Basil’s Piece
– the people who tidied Villedomer Garden
– the 20 members of the WI who did a litter pick around the village and collected about 10 bags of rubbish
– the 3 people who have started to paint the phone box by the Rose pub
– the 2 people who cut back vegetation along Vicarage Lane.
Individuals have not been named but you know who you are – thank you!
To support our spring clean, if you have vegetation overhanging your wall or fence please cut it back (carefully, avoiding nesting birds), especially where the area is poorly lit, so that pedestrians, those with mobility issues and people with pushchairs are not impeded on the pavement.