We’re raising money to improve the under 12s playground in Stapleford.
Various play equipment providers have been approached and we now know that the cost for refreshing the playground is about £70,000. The Stapleford Parish Council has agreed to contribute £20k from existing community funds, as they know the residents want an improved play area for under 12s – this was highlighted in a recent survey.
But that still leaves a shortfall of £50k. We have applied for grants to help fill that gap, but we’d love it if the community would consider donating too. Whether you can afford £5 or £5,000 – we’d really appreciate your donation!
You can donate online here – https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/staplefordplayground2021
Please do share the link with your friends and family! We’ll be putting it on social media too and we’re running a competition to attract further interest.
Let’s Play in May!
The past year has been incredibly difficult for everyone, but as Covid restrictions lift we want to celebrate being able to play again. We’re running a community fundraising campaign throughout May to encourage playing and to hopefully increase donations for the playground.
We’re asking people to “Play in May” and share photos with us in a competition that will run throughout the month. The best photos will win a prize – we’ve got vouchers, hampers and other great gifts to win.
There are four categories to enter:
- Best outdoor play – in a park, a paddling pool, in the woods, your garden – wherever you like!
- Best messy play – slime, paints, baking, in the mud, you name it – if it’s messy, you’re in with a chance
- Best sporty play – football, tennis, frisbee, darts – whatever sport you like, show us your best moves
- Best animal play – let’s see your playing with your furry friends! Dogs, cats, guinea pigs – all welcome.
You can enter more than one category.
We want to see photos of people (and animals!) enjoying themselves whilst playing.
To enter the competition, simply post a picture on social media with the hashtag #StaplefordPlayInMay – you can find us on Twitter and Instagram @StaplefordPlay1. Follow us to get regular updates throughout May.
Winners will be notified after the competition closes on 31 May. Anyone can enter but you MUST have permission from anyone in the photos, and the prizes will be delivered anywhere in the CB22 postcode area.
Good luck and thanks for your support!
Stapleford Playground Committee
Anyone can submit a photo to enter the competition, although there are some terms and conditions you need to be aware of:
- You MUST have permission from anyone who is visible in the photo.
- By submitting and tagging the photo, you give permission for photos to be used on social media channels to promote the playground competition and crowdfunder on JustGiving.
- Photos should be tagged #StaplefordPlayInMay.
- The competition runs 1-31 May 2021.
- Full details of prizes will be available on social media during May.
- Winning photos will also be shown in the June edition of the Stapleford Messenger.
- Winners will be notified in the first week of June and will be announced on social media channels.
- Prizes will be delivered anywhere in the CB22 area in early June.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the terms listed above.