Stapleford Parish Council has received the following notice from the Greater Cambridge Partnership regarding upcoming major disruption on local roads.
The GCP and contractors Milestone Infrastructure will be starting construction on safety improvements on the junction of Granham’s Road with the A1307 on 6 April 2021. The works will take about three months to complete.
The new junction layout will provide:
- a dedicated right-turn lane from the A1307 into Granham’s Road
- better visibility for vehicles exiting Granham’s Road onto the A1307.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause. However, these works will improve road safety for all road users at this junction and help vehicles travelling towards Haverhill pass queuing traffic more easily.
What works will be done?
- Widening the carriageway to create the extra space needed for the new right-turn lane
- Diverting utility services in the road works area
- Works to the existing A1307, such as resurfacing, road markings and street lighting
- Traffic Management during construction.
All efforts will be made to keep disruption to a minimum. However, for safety reasons there will be a number of necessary changes whilst these works take place. These will be:
- Granham’s Road will need to be temporarily closed to traffic for the duration of the works. A diversion route will be signposted via Hinton Way
- On the A1307 narrow lanes with an extension to the existing 30mph speed limit will be put in place. Temporary traffic signals might occasionally be necessary. These would be used during off-peak periods (09.30 am -3.30pm) only
- The resurfacing and road marking works will take place overnight using temporary traffic lights and convoy working
- Cyclists and pedestrians will be able use the path alongside the A1307. Some temporary restrictions might be needed to carry out specific works such as replacing lighting columns.
Milestone Infrastructure and their sub-contractors will be implementing safe working practices to ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with current Public Health England and Government guidance for Covid-19 restrictions.
If you have any concerns during construction, please do get in touch with Skanska’s project team on A1307schemes@skanska.co.uk or telephone Cambridgeshire County Council’s Contact Centre on 01223 699906.