Stapleford is twinned with Villedômer, a small village near Tours in the Loire Valley of France. The Stapleford Twinning Association has been organising twinning activities with Villedômer since 1979 and is amongst the most enduring of village twinning associations in the UK.
The Association aims to:
- promote and foster friendship and understanding between the people of Stapleford and district, and the people of Villedômer and district in France
- encourage visits and contacts between the linked communities, both by individuals and groups, as the basis of a mutual understanding of the cultural, social, recreational, educational and commercial activities of the linked communities
- organise fund-raising and social activities.
People interested in any aspect of France – its food, wine, culture, language, tourist attractions, or whatever – may wish to join. There’s no requirement to speak French or even to live in Stapleford! Membership benefits include:
- exchange visits with our twin village – experiencing real life with a French family
- local social events in Stapleford – mixing with people with kindred interests
- monthly prize draw through the exclusive ‘100 Club’
- dedicated monthly email newsletter.
Visit http://twinning.staplefordvillage.org.uk/ to find out more.