Stapleford Parish Council currently has one vacancy for a new councillor. We are keen to receive applications from anyone who wants to get involved in supporting the local community. We are particularly keen on hearing from the younger parishioners to ensure their voice is heard and to develop a range of views and opinions. The requirement is to attend the monthly Parish Council meeting, of which there are 10 annually as we do not meet in August or December, and these usually take approximately two hours. We would also like councillors to get involved in their personal area of expertise which could be the environment, youth, facilities, planning matters, community spirit, or anything else which needs addressing in the parish; the amount of time outside the meeting you invest is up to you and it may be worth attending a Parish Council meeting for an insight into how business is conducted and what we do.
Please do consider being a Councillor and supporting your community. To stand for election as a Parish Councillor, you must be:
- At least 18 years old on the day of your nomination, and
- A British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union.
You must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish area.
- You have lived in the parish area of within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
If you are interested, please contact either Howard Kettel for an initial conversation or any of the other councillors for an informal conversation as to what being a councillor in Stapleford entails. More information is available from Belinda Irons, the Parish Clerk, also.