Stapleford Parish Council is seeking two enthusiastic individuals to take care of its pavilion, playgrounds, sports field and other green spaces, MUGA, cemetery and the Slaughterhouse.
Stapleford is a thriving village located around 5 miles south of the City of Cambridge and has a population of approximately 2,000. Stapleford Parish Council comprises an active group of councillors and clerks and uses its funds for the benefit of the local community. Its assets include a large recreation field offering sports and play facilities and a brand new Multi-Use Games Area, plus other green spaces, gardens and buildings in the village, and a recently expanded cemetery. The Parish Council is now seeking two enthusiastic individuals who will help to continue to take the Council forward as an ambitious, community-focused body.
Hours will be 10 hours per week per employee, although this may increase as the village grows and current draft projects develop. The salary will be pro rata £22,021-£23,836 (LC1 13-17), according to qualifications and experience. Employees will be based at the pavilion at Stapleford Rec and, between them, will provide some cover across all 7 days of the week.
Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in the local community and good communication skills; be able to manage and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines; demonstrate proactivity and attention to detail; be computer literate (in particular, confident using email to communicate with the Parish Council’s clerks); able to work constructively with a range of stakeholders; and be willing to undertake professional training as necessary.
The roles will encompass a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, including:
- Maintaining the pavilion and its equipment as a clean, safe, secure environment
- Preparing the pavilion for events, including attending, supporting and controlling bookings as required
- Managing the Multi-Use Games Area, e.g. ensuring the right equipment is available at the right times, keeping the surface clear of debris, and monitoring appropriate use
- Conducting weekly inspections of play areas and play equipment safety at the Rec and Slaughterhouse Gardens, and reporting concerns to the Clerks
- Weeding, planting and maintaining the Parish Council’s various green spaces (Rec field and car parking areas, pavilion surrounds, Villedômer Gardens, Slaughterhouse Gardens, Basil’s Piece, Clerk’s Piece, cemetery)
- Moving litter bins from the pavilion, cemetery and Slaughterhouse to the kerbside on Monday evenings and returning them to position on Tuesday afternoons
- Completing risk assessments as required by the Parish Council insurer and maintaining records in accordance with Parish Council policies
- Providing emergency response out of hours and on an ad hoc basis
- Attending to other issues raised by the Clerk, Assistant Clerk or Parish Council as required.
If you would like to find out more or request an information pack, please contact the Parish Council Clerk. The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 29th October 2021.
Clerk to the Council and Responsible Financial Officer
Tel. 01763 838732